Pressed Faux Flowers
Hello, Pretty Handy Girl friends! Julie from love my simple home here, with a new DIY project! Pressed faux flowers behind glass is quick and easy to make. You’ll end up with a beautiful piece of leaning art that you can display on a shelf in your home.
- Faux Silk Flowers
- Glass from two picture frames in different sizes
- Hot Glue Gun
- Craft Glue
- Choose two different size picture frames (they can be any size you want.) Make sure they will fit on your shelf. I used one 5″ x 7″ and one 8″ x 10″.
Remove the back and the glass from your picture frames.
2. Select the flowers of your choice. Pull the blooms off the plastic stems.
3. Cut the plastic stems from the flowers. Use your scissors for this task.
4. Arrange the flowers any way you like on top of the larger piece of glass. When you like what you see, add a dab of craft glue to the back of each flower and gently press onto the glass.
6. Place the smaller piece of glass on top of your lovely flower arrangement. Grab your trusty hot glue gun and put a dab of glue on the four corners of the smaller glass piece.
7. Flip the glass, then lay the glass down over the flowers. The glass should be centered on the large piece of glass. Gently push down on the four corners and hold it in place for about 30 seconds or more until the glue adheres to the glass. After the top piece of glass is in place, the flowers will lay flat pressed between the two pieces of glass.
That’s it, you now have a beautiful piece of leaning art you can display on a shelf in your home.
I hope you enjoyed this quick and easy DIY art idea.
Be sure to check out my other tutorials here at Pretty Handy Girl and over on my website love my simple home.