Happy Summer! Warm days and soaring temperatures always put me in the mood for lemonade. For a little end of the year gift for my sons’ teachers I whipped up a small batch of DIY Lemonade lip balm. But, this is a fabulous gift to make for a girlfriend or anyone who needs a little ray of sunshine. I’m joining in with Kristen Duke’s Birthday Celebration Blog Hop with 101+ Birthday Gift Ideas for your Friends!
Lemonade Lip Balm Materials and Ingredients:
(contains affiliate links)
- 1/2 oz. Beeswax (half of the bar shown above)
- 1/2 oz. Coconut Oil (1 Tbsp.)
- 1/4 oz. Cocoa Butter (1/2 Tbsp.)
- 1/4 oz. Shea Butter (1/2 Tbsp.)
- 15 drops of doTerra Lemon Essential Oil (make sure it is safe for digestion if not using doTerra)
- Small Lip Balm Jars or Tubes
1/4 or 1/2 oz. (I saved eye cream jars and washed them out)
- Glass measuring cup or container
- Cheese grater (optional)
Yield: Recipe yields enough to fill three 1/2 oz. jars. Feel free to double the recipe to make more.
Lemonade Lip Balm Instructions:
1. Combine beeswax, coconut oil, cocoa butter, and shea butter in a glass measuring cup (or other glass container.) Set the glass in a saucepan filled with 1-2 inches of water. Heat the water and stir the ingredients until they are completely melted.
2. Remove the glass from the sauce pan with an oven mitt or hot pad.
3. Add 15 drops of doTerra lemon oil to the mixture. Stir quickly before the mixture begins to harden.
5. Let the jars set until cool and the contents have hardened.
In the meantime, you can download your printable Lemonade Lip Balm gift tags! I created a variety of “Lem’me wish you …” sayings to choose from:
Cut them out, punch a hole in it and tie them on with baker’s string for an adorable and inexpensive gift idea.
I had such a hard time giving these away. They will make your mouth water when you smell them. And it’s sure to boost your mood. Lemon is a natural anti-depressant.
Are you ready for some more DIY gift inspiration? Join in on Kristen Duke’s 101+ Birthday Gift Ideas for your Friends BLOG HOP!
And definitely follow the Birthday Gift Ideas Pinterest Board as well, to save future great ideas.
P.s. Hey, I wanted to let you know a little secret of mine. I’ve been using these printed vinyl sheets from Leen the Graphics Queen as my backdrop. They are tough, can be rolled up and stored away and can be wiped clean after each use. And they look great!!!