Here are 30 amazing DIY decorative mirrors to suit any taste or style (not to mention budget.)
A mirror is a great asset when decorating a home. They’re functional and placed strategically they can visually enlarge a space. Decorative mirrors do double duty as beautiful pieces of art.
No matter which celestial body you choose to call them, these trendy mirrors add a sparkle to any wall.
1. Wood Shim Starburst Mirror by Infarrantly Creative
Beckie used wood shims to create this beauty at a fraction of the cost of similar mirrors sold in stores
3. DIY Sunburst Mirror at Catie’s Corner
Catie started with a round mirror and added over 100 kabob skewers to create a silver sunburst. Target’s Metal Sunburst Mirror has a similar look.
4. Lighted Starburst Mirror at DIY Show Off
Echoing my thought that you can’t have too much bling at Christmas, Roeshel made a lighted starburst mirror tree topper.
Thinking Outside The Box Frames
This next group of mirrors shows that, with a little creativity, all kinds of materials make unique and beautiful frames.
5. PVC Pipe Mirror at Thrifty and Chic
Who would ever imagine that PVC pipe would make such fabulous contemporary mirror frames?
6. Angel Food Cake Pan Mirror at Design Share
On your next thrift store visit, you might want to check out the kitchen section. This fluted pan makes a fabulous mirror frame that is both vintage and modern.
7. Chrysanthemum Mirror by Addicted2Decorating
Imagine waking up one day and thinking, “I’m gonna grab a bunch of plastic spoons and make a pretty chrysanthemum mirror.” No, not me either. We don’t have to because Kristi already did and she has a fabulous DIY tutorial to make your own. Target sells a similar mirror here.
8. Wood Rounds Mirror by That’s My Letter
Jaime brings a touch of nature into any room with wood rounds of varied diameters. Stunning!
9. Wood Disk Mirror by Rachel Bishop Designs
As one of Rachel’s readers said about this mirror, “It’s a great balance between geometric and organic.”
10.Yellow Pencil Mirror by MosaicWorks
You’ll have to look closely to see that this stunning burst of yellow is created with pencils.
11. Stars & Stripes Pencil Mirror at MosaicWorks
Karen didn’t stop with yellow pencils, thankfully, and used red, white and blue for a patriotic work of art.
12. Wood Ruler Mirror by MosaicWorks
“Bigger is better, especially with mirrors,” says the gifted artist, Karen. She’s not kidding either. This wood ruler mirror measures close to 7 feet tall!
It’s All in the Details
You can add your own style or flair to a mirror frame as these talented DIYers did.
14. Mosaic Tile Mirror at Sand and Sisal
Soft in tone, these tiny mosaic squares echo the tranquility of sand and surf.
15. Zebra Mirror at Just a Girl
Or maybe you prefer something more wild? With the contrasting black and white zebra print, this mirror still offers a classic effect.
16. Rope Mirror at The Shabby Creek Cottage
Rope spiraled around a mirror provides organic texture and interest.
17. Cool DIY Framed Mirror by Sawdust Girl
Sandra built a frame around a standard builder’s mirror and then added some wood strips for detail. Did you know she offers DIY Coaching for building projects?
18. $15 DIY Mirror by Shanty2Chic
You’d never guess that Ashley built this mirror in about an hour for only $15? So shanty and chic.
19. Dressed Up Bathroom Mirror at Not JUST a Housewife
Stacy shows how to add some pizazz to a medicine cabinet mirror with a custom built frame.
20. DIY Unique Turquoise Mirror at All Things Thrifty
Would you ever imagine that this gorgeous turquoise mirror was made by hand? From concept to completion, Brooke shows all of the steps.
21. DIY Rope Mirror by The Happy Homebodies
Jordan used a couple rolls of polished hemp to give her thrift store mirror a warm and rustic look.
22. DIY Wood Shim Mirror by House of Hepworths
Allison was inspired by a mirror on Pinterest and the built this huge wood shim mirror with a wonderful rustic quality.
23. French Style Trumeau Mirror at Southern Revivals
This lovely trumeau mirror was crafted completely by hand using found objects and wood accents.
24. Styrofoam Convex Mirror at DIY Show Off
Roeshel made these convex mirrors out of Styrofoam wreaths. Amazing! And using convex mirrors offers an unexpected stylish twist.
Alter or Create Mirrors
Other options for creating decorative mirrors are to create your own or alter an existing mirror.
25. How To Alter a Mirror by Songbird
Marianne removed part of the mirror’s backing to create peek-a-boo spots with glimpses of an old fifties fashion magazine. Be still my heart, I love this understated style.
26. Make An Outdoor Mirror at Home Stories A2Z
Beth actually made her own mirror, hung it on the fence and now it reflects her lovely garden. So clever!
27. Monogrammed Mirror at DIY Show Off
This monogrammed mirror is just stunning. So simple, yet what visual impact it creates.
28. Overscale Hand-Antiqued Mirror at Salvage Savvy
This large antiqued mirror is actually comprised of 12″ square mirror tiles. What a statement it creates!
29. Spraypainted Doily Lace Mirror by Paper & Stitch
Have you noticed the comeback that lace is making? Brittni created a lovely delicate ‘frame’ by using a doily as a stencil.
30. Vintage Window Mirror by DIY Show Off
This vintage mirror began as an old window. What a fantastic way to repurpose!
Have you DIY’d a mirror? Or do you want to? What do you have in mind? Target has a 24″ round mirror and a frameless door mirror that will help you get started on your next DIY mirror projects. (affiliate link)
*Please respect each DIY blogger and their creative efforts by pinning directly from their blogs.
So you like decorative mirrors? How about windows? Here are 10 Ways to Use Old Windows!