I have been pinning lots of grilled pizza recipes, but honestly I’ve never grilled a pizza before. Then I stumbled upon a recipe for grilled corn pizza and decided to alter it a little to suit my taste buds. The result is a light summery flavored pizza you can make in a jiffy.
If you’re like me, you might want to start by cleaning your grill. But, if you’re fine with a little burger grease on the bottom of your pizza, go ahead and get grilling!
(I’ve included affiliate links for your convenience. I earn a small percentage from a purchase using these links. There is no additional cost to you. You can read more about affiliate links here.)
- Pre-baked pizza crust (or make your own keto friendly crust)
- Pesto sauce in a Jar
- 1 ear of corn grilled
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 ripe tomato sliced
- 6-8 basil leaves sliced
- Mozzarella (I prefer fresh mozzarella packaged in water)
1. Pre-heat your grill on medium high.
2. Soak corn inside the husks for 10-15 minutes in your sink.
3. Place the corn (still inside the husks) on the grill for 10 minutes to steam cook (rotating halfway through.) The last few minutes, peel the husks back and lay them on the grill to char the exterior of the corn. Rotate the corn and sprinkle salt and pepper to your taste.
4. Place the pizza crust with the top facing down on the grill for a few minutes to toast it. Remove the crust and set it on a plate (or pizza paddle.)
5. Spread pesto onto the pizza crust.
6. Cut corn off the cob. Mix corn and parmesan in a bowl.
7. Spread the corn mixture on top of the pesto-covered crust.
8. Add sliced tomatoes and fresh mozzarella slices onto the the pizza.
9. Put the pizza on the grill and close the lid. Grill the pizza until the cheese starts to melt (check frequently and move it away from the heat if the crust starts to burn.)
10. At the last minute add the sliced basil on top of the pizza. Remove the pizza before the basil browns.
Serve up your Grilled Corn Pesto Pizza hot and enjoy! Magnificio!
I can’t believe how much a grilled pizza tastes like crispy brick oven pizza! Oh grilled pizza, where have you been all my life? Do you have any grilled pizza recipes you like? Please share in the comment section.