Hi everyone! This is Lindi, visiting again from Love Create Celebrate! I’m happy to be here again, this time sharing a quick and easy summer recipe. These Crab Pinwheels are one of my favourite summer appetizers. You will not be disappointed if you make them!
The recipes I share are always two things 1) delicious and 2) easy! This recipe fits right in! If you are a gardener, I know that you are ready to use those fresh herbs that you’ve been growing all summer long. This recipe is the perfect way to use some of that green onion and parsley!
This is the perfect appetizer for all of those summer celebrations, from family reunions, to backyard BBQs, to potlucks. But potlucks don’t end when school starts! I honestly make this appetizer all year long when I have guests over. You will not be disappointed – even my toddler cannot stop eating them (and may have been stealing them off of the tray while I tried to photograph these ones!)
- 250 ml cream cheese package (at room temperature)
- 3/4 cup red peppers, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 can crab, drained
- 5-8 large soft tortillas
- Mix your cream cheese, red pepper, green onion, parsley, cheddar cheese, cayenne pepper, and crab together until mixed well.
- Spread your mixture on the tortillas and then roll them up. Cut slices of tortilla about 3/4″ thick
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Serve while warm.
You can serve them cool, but I definitely prefer them baked! This recipe makes at least 40 pinwheels.
It only takes 20 minutes to prepare and cook these lovely appetizers, and your guests will thank you for making them!
If you need a drink to go with them, I shared my favourite Summer drink a couple of weeks ago: The Adult Tropical Slushie!
Pin for later!