It has been a whirlwind week. I’ve been doing my best to learn everything I can about tiles, flooring and cabinets. I’m so used to making do with what I have or buying things to upcycle. Picking out new is a real struggle for me. After multiple failed kitchen layout plans, we finally called in some professional help.
On Friday we met with Amy from Ferguson, the kitchen and bath suppliers. They have showrooms all over the US. Walking around the showroom was really helpful (and a bit overwhelming because I wanted everything!) But, ultimately Amy helped pull me back down to reality.
Here is one of the layouts that she proposed for our kitchen:
And with a few hours of photoshop tinkering, these are my initial ideas for colors and materials:
Light aqua base cabinets, cork floors, recycled glass countertops, marble backsplash, open shelves.
Pretty Handsome Guy thinks it looks like a bathroom. But, I beg to differ. How about you? Do you expect to see a toilet and a tub in these renderings?
Of course all the materials and colors are subject to change. I’m sure I’ll have to make some sacrifices once I see the quotes. But, for now I can dream (because it’s better than our reality right now):
What about you? Do you like my plans? Or do you see potential issues? I’m open to your ideas, suggestions and opinions.
One more little thing (or big if you win.) HouseLogic has the next video up documenting the Smith’s backyard renovation. I just love the look on Aaron’s face when he got home from work to discover that where there was previously dirt, was now a concrete patio for him to navigate! At the end of the video you can enter for another chance to win $1K! Watch the video here.
Have a great week y’all!
You can read more about our kitchen disaster and renovation in these updates:
- Polybutylene Pipe Leak turns into Moldy Mess
- My World Upended, Asbestos Discovery and Removal -All You Ever Wanted to Know About Asbestos
- Planning New Kitchen Layout and more
- Let the Demolition Begin
- How to Remove Soffits
- Move Back in the Kitchen Temporarily and Throw a New Year’s Party
- Termite Damage and Kitchen Update
- How and When You Should File for a Permit during a Kitchen Renovation – Your Questions Answered
- Everything You Should Know about Termites and Termite Damage
- Structural Engineer Plans and another Kitchen Update
- How to Survive without a Kitchen During Renovation