Another project I completed before the birthday party was a quick makeover for a pair of ho-hum dollar store flower pots. My friend Heather helped me add some jute rope and fake flowers then set them out with utensils in them. Perfect for a summertime birthday party!
- Hot Glue Gun w/ glue sticks
- Jute Rope
- Flower Pot
- Fabric Flowers
- Foil or wax paper (to protect work surface)
1. Plug in your hot glue gun to warm up. Cut the stems of your flowers about 2″ from the flower.
2. Turn the flower pot upside down. Put a dollop of glue against the rim of your pot and secure the end of your rope on it. Squeeze a line of glue around the pot rim and press the rope into the warm glue.
3. After one row is complete, add the flowers by bending the stems until they lay flat against the pot. Secure with a lot of glue. Then wrap the subsequent rows over the stems.
4. Continue gluing the rope onto the pot. Make sure to press each row of rope tightly against the row before it.
5. When you reach the bottom of the pot, secure the end of the rope with another dollop of glue. Be sure your rope doesn’t extend past the bottom of the pot or it could make the base wobbly.
Are you ready for Independence Day? Would you like a quick and easy sewing project to add some patriotic flair to your home? Hop on over to Parentables to read my tutorial for making adorable star pillows.
- KILZ Primer
- Leen the Graphics Queen Gift Certificate
- Irwin Tools
- Janimie Necklace
- Pretty Handy Girl in a Box
- Talk for Tots Invitations and Madie Deluxe Mommy Bag
- Dremel Trio