Ombré painting is EVERYWHERE. Clothing, home décor and even wall paint techniques. An ombré wall is the paint technique I chose to create a misty and ethereal look in our master bedroom. It started when I fell in love with Kendall Charcoal by Benjamin Moore but didn’t want to make our entire bedroom too dark (I have a hard enough time waking up in the morning.) I decided a good solution was to use the dark charcoal gray color on a focal wall behind the headboard. But, I didn’t want to stop the color in the corners and create a sharp line.
Instead, I wanted a softer edge that would make us feel like we were being hugged by the room.
I used Revere Pewter by Benjamin Moore to paint the other three walls in the bedroom, but created a random ragged edge where the two colors meet.
This is how the side walls look in preparation for the ombré wall technique.
- Dark latex paint color (Kendall Charcoal by Benjamin Moore)
- Lighter latex paint color (Revere Pewter by Benjamin Moore)
- A small container with a mixture of the two colors to create an in between gray
- Paint brush
- Dry brush
- Water-filled spray bottle
- ScotchBlue Painter’s Tape
- Damp car wash sponge
- Rubber gloves
- Wet wipes or wet rag
Instructions: [Read more...]