Can we all agree that Winter was a big fat bully this year? He stayed around longer than he was welcome and wreaked havoc on our homes and yards.
According to the Accumulated Winter Season Severity Index (AWSSI)* the following cities were declared the “10 Bleakest Cities of 2015″ after suffering through the harshest winter conditions.:
- Boston, MA
- Buffalo, New York
- Detroit, Michigan
- Hartford, Connecticut
- Louisville, Kentucky
- Nashville, Tennessee
- Newark, New Jersey
- New York City
- Portland, Maine
- Providence, Rhode Island
Lowe’s and I want to come to the rescue of a few homeowners in those cities. We want to swoop in and discover creative solutions to spruce up and/or improve their homes and communities. We want to bring a Spring Makeover to a deserving homeowner. Do you live in one of the “10 Bleakest Cities of 2015?” Or do you know someone who does? Keep reading!
11 bloggers and Lowe’s volunteers will fly in and complete makeover projects that have been neglected or delayed because of extreme winter conditions.
Did your landscape plants die under the harsh winter conditions?
Maybe your front door took a hit from old man Winter. Tell us all about it and maybe we will come give it a facelift.
Or maybe you spent so much time shoveling snow outside that you didn’t get to finish those indoor projects.
Hey, maybe you just need some beautiful curtains put up so you can conjure up warm sunny days when the weather outside is frightful.
These are the
bloggers heroes that will be coming to your rescue:
All Things G&D | Beneath My Heart | Brooklyn Limestone | City Farmhouse | DIY Playbook | The Golden Sycamore | Home Stories A to Z |Just A Girl | Liz Marie Blog | Our Fifth House | Pretty Handy Girl and Lowe’s Home Improvement Volunteers!
Although I wish we could bring on a big fat extreme renovation project at your home, we’ll have to dial it down to a project that can be accomplished in two days (allowing for time to eat and sleep.) Selected projects should be easy refresh projects such as: landscaping, outdoor rooms, painting, and easy interior updates.
**If you live in one of the “10 Bleakest Cities of 2015″ please submit a deserving makeover project between Monday, April 13 and Friday, April 17th.
You will be asked to:
- To be eligible you must meet the following criteria:
- Be looking to fix up a space within their residence
- Makeover project should be able to be completed within 24 hours
- Must live in: Boston, MA | Buffalo, New York | Detroit, Michigan | Hartford, Connecticut | Louisville, Kentucky | Nashville, Tennessee | Newark, New Jersey | New York City | Portland, Maine | Providence, Rhode Island (or surrounding suburbs of those cities)
- Must be the owner of your home.
- Be outgoing, energetic, and fun with unique stories to tell.
- Be comfortable being on camera and/or interviewed by local media
- Be in need of expert design help from one participating blogger.
- Be able to make quick decisions in order to keep tight timelines.
- Be available for a 2 day period to complete the makeover (between April 20-May 22).
- Allow photos of your home to be shared online
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Complete the online application form and agree to the terms.
- To apply visit: https://springmakeover.castingcrane.com/
- We will only contact eligible participants
Important: To Submit your Home, Please apply using this survey form!
If you don’t live in one of the “10 Bleakest Cities of 2015″ you can still get inspired to improve your home at Lowes.com/DIY.
Get plans and directions to create many projects including this painted trellis planter:
Or discover 8 Great Ways to Update Your Deck:
With Spring finally here, Lowe’s is looking to help people move past winter by giving you ideas for a quick makeover!
As always, you can also visit the Lowe’s Creative Ideas website for more DIY Project Ideas!
*The winter severity index analyzes the intensity and persistence of cold weather, the frequency and amount of snow, and the amount and persistence of snow on the ground based on historical context.
**Applicants will be selected after consulting with Lowe’s and all 10 bloggers.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Lowe’s. I was compensated for my time. All opinions expressed are 100% mine.