Today I have a bit of an unconventional gift idea. But, frankly it is a gift that is sure to bring some fun and enjoyment to anyone who is tasked with the domestic chore of doing laundry. I think this Laundry Fun Gift Basket would be a wonderful gift for a new homeowner. Or a college student who finally moved out of the dorm into their own apartment. Heck, even Grandma would surely love this gift.
If you don’t have anyone on your list that would enjoy a laundry themed gift basket, I’ll show you how to sew a custom liner for an oval basket! You can use the same instructions to sew a liner for almost any shaped container and turn it into a beautiful gift basket with your own theme.
- Wicker laundry basket
- Fabric (I used a twin sheet from Walmart to keep the cost down)
Optional: Pin on flower
Ideas to put into the Gift Basket:
- Lavendar scented clothes pins
- Bottle filled with DIY liquid laundry detergent
- Dryer balls (Check out these West Elm Hedgehog Dryer Balls)
- Lavendar dryer bags from Trader Joes
- Fels Naptha Soap (available at any supermarket in the laundry aisle)
- Linen scented hand soap from Trader Joes
- Fresh towels
- Bar soap
- “Laundry Loads & Loads of Fun” Artwork
Directions for sewing a basket liner: [Read more...]