My goodness, November is flying by! Get it…flying…insects. I crack myself up. But seriously, I have been having a blast coming up with new creative gift ideas that you can make. This idea for making pen and ink sketch decorative dessert plates turned out better than I expected! The only downside is that they really are only for decoration. The paint used on the plates can be cured, but the manufacturer states that it technically isn’t food safe.
With that disclaimer out of the way, think about how you could commemorate an event with a personalized plate. Or you could use the same stenciling technique on the outside of a pitcher, mug, glasses or anywhere that the food wouldn’t be in contact with.
- Dessert plates (bought mine at a thrift store for $1 each)
- Porcelaine Chalkboard paint
- Porcelaine gold paint
- Credit card or spatula for burnishing
- Sponge applicator or paint brush
- X-acto knife
- Decorative stencil cut outs (used my Silhouette to cut bug shapes)
- Transfer paper
Optional: Porcelaine or glass ink pens for writing
Instructions: [Read more...]