It’s no secret that one of the quickest and least expensive ways to transform a room is with paint. Choosing the right color, however, can be tricky. It’s always recommended to paint some sample colors in the room you’ll be painting. Both natural and artificial lighting play huge roles in how the hues appear at different times of the day. After you’ve painted samples, see how they look in the morning light, afternoon and with ambient lighting in the evenings.
Many people lean towards neutrals for wall colors, but light blues and aquas bring in the airy tranquil feelings of the sky or surf. Be lulled into a peaceful tranquility by these 25 dreamy blue rooms. You’ll soon discover that these colors do anything but give you the ‘blues’.
1. Valspar’s Carolina Inn Club Aqua at Young House Love
John and Sherry balanced the softness of the wall color with rich wood accents.
2. Benjamin Moore Tranquil Blue at MosaicWorks.ca
In contrast to natural wood tones, this room simply uses white accessories to create a lovely retreat.
3. Kelly Moore Blue Green Gem at Centsational Girl
Gray and silver accents echo the wall color in a welcoming guest room.
4. Benjamin Moore Brittany Blue at Pretty Handy Girl
This shade has undertones of gray, making a lovely bedroom for both Madame and Mister.
5. Aqua Bedroom at Celebrating Everyday Life
Add some deeper tones of the wall color throughout the room for depth and subtle contrast.
6. Restoration Hardware Sea Green at Our Humble Abode
The light blue walls work beautifully with a variety of finishes such as silver, bold and wood in this elegant bedroom.
Spa Like Bathrooms:
7. Restoration Hardware Glacier at Guehn-Made
If you want a spa-like quality in your bath, consider light blue walls as a starting point.
8. Sherwin Williams – cross between Rain & Quietude - at Pretty Handy Girl
Don’t be afraid to custom mix colors to create the perfect shade for you, as Brittany achieved here.
9. Benjamin Moore Smoke at DIY Show Off
A greyish blue sets the perfect backdrop in this bathroom.
10. Sherwin Williams Gris at Thistlewood Farm
A palette of light blue-gray and white is simply timeless.
11. Benjamin Moore Slate Blue at Pretty Handy Girl
The perfect choice for a boys’ bath that will grow with them - Slate Blue.
Lavishing Laundry Rooms:
13. Restoration Hardware Silver Sage at Centsational Girl
Or in this one! The wall color lends a neutral quality without being boring.
14. Glidden Tropical Surf at Pretty Handy Girl
A laundry room that exudes style with a sunny chandelier and valance that pulls all of the colors together.
After looking at blues on walls, let’s see how painting cabinetry can spice up a kitchen.
15. Sherwin Williams Copen Blue at Pretty Handy Girl
The light blue on these cabinets add visual interest without too much contrast, keeping the space light and airy.
16. Valspar’s Woodlawn Charm at Life in Grace
The lower cabinets add a note of cheerful fun, while the white upper cabinets are less intense and float on the wall.
17. Martha Stewart’s Rainwater at Tatertots & Jello
A nice way to introduce contrasting color is to paint the kitchen island, then add coordinating accents to tie it all together. Lovely!
18. Sherwin Williams Copen Blue at Pretty Handy Girl
This quiet light blue desk color lets the rich wood tones and oil rubbed bronze steal the show in this kitchen desk area.
Lovely Living Rooms:
19. Benjamin Moore Tranquility at Centsational Girl
While a light blue/gray may not be an obvious choice for wall color in a living room, this gorgeous room might change your mind.
20. Restoration Hardware Silver Sage at Favorite Paint Colors
This home office would surely increase productivity with Silver Sage walls and a variety of textured accessories.
21. Benjamin Moore Wedgewood Gray at The Lettered Cottage
Here’s a stunning option for a gallery wall using a soft bluish gray.
22. Sherwin Williams Comfort Gray at Southern Hospitality
Comfort gray is full of blue/green undertones and proves the perfect backdrop for this tableau and wall grouping.
Dreamy Dining Rooms:
23. Sherwin Williams Copen Blue - At the Picket Fence
Brittany used Copen Blue on her beautiful kitchen cabinetry, but it’s just as gorgeous on dining room walls.
24. Sherwin Williams Raindrop at All Things Thrifty
Light blue isn’t only serene and tranquil. Brooke added splashes of colors for a playful spin.
25. Table & Chairs with ASCP Duck Egg at Celebrating Everyday Life
The chairs and table base were painted in Duck Egg, repeating the wall color for a cohesive look.
Seeing similar paint colors in different rooms was fun, wasn’t it? Thanks for joining me today in my parade of light blue rooms!
Do you have plans to paint soon? What colors are you considering?