Mag-nolia-fying a Fall Wreath

I promised you that I’d be embracing Autumn. Well, I’ve been a busy girl and have been switching out the summer decor for some more seasonally appropriate reds, oranges, brown and greens.

Here is a little sneak peek from my mantle:
My Ballard Design Knockoff Pear has already found a spot to sit.

In an effort to spend less and store less, I’ve been trying to buy just 2-3 wreaths that I can switch up and tailor to meet the season. So a few months ago, I bought this little white bud wreath from Target (I think? Correct me if I’m wrong.)

It will be my springboard or base wreath for many seasons to come. The neutral white color works well with all colors and I can add other natural elements and ribbons to change the color palette.

When I saw how Kate, over at Centsational Girl, made a beautiful wreath with magnolia leaves, the light bulb went on for me.

Centsational Girl’s Wreath

My neighbor has a beautiful magnolia tree, so I asked if I could steal some of its fallen leaves. I filled a grocery bag with the ones that looked most interesting to me. Then brought them home, rinsed the dirt off of them and laid them out to dry.

After they dried, I started playing with them, and found that I could gently tuck them into the grapevine base frame. I fully intended to hot glue them in place, but they held tight and stayed on their own! I think they were so happy to be offered a second life that they gladly cooperated.

I tied a cotton ribbon (leftover from the tie on a stack of washcloths from Target). I just threaded it through the loop that came with the wreath.

And here is my super easy mag-nolia-fied fall wreath.

Comments

1. Soo pretty I love it!!

2. Wow – that is lovely!

3. Love it! Your wreath looks fantastic! Love your "spend less, store less" motto!

4. Cassie @ Primitive & Proper says:

i love that idea! you could even do it in the winter with holly leaves!

5. Very pretty!

6. Tina@SignificantHarmony says:

So lovely – a very elegant "hello" to the season!

7. LOVE the wreath! It is so different & so elegant. What a great idea!

8. I absolutely love your wreath! It's beautiful!

9. marty (A Stroll Thru Life) says:

It is stunning. What a fabulous idea. I love your basic wreath and the magnolia leaves are just perfect. It is so simple and elegant. Love it. Hugs, Marty

10. Cozy.Cottage.Cute. says:

That looks very pretty!

11. Beautiful!

12. looks great!

13. Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal says:

So pretty! I love the combination of the leaves and the white berries. They look great together.

14. Looks super Brittany.
    The great thing about Magnolia leaves is how robust they are. They don't crumble to nothing whilst you work with them so they're perfect for things like this.
    Good job
    Jo xx

15. That is so smart to use the same wreath! It is just like having a simple white blouse that you can dress up or down…genius you are!

16. Your wreath looks great!! I never would have thought of that.

Great job.

Manymomentsofme.blogspot.com

17. Oh that is just gorgeous!

18. Amanda@The Hand Me Down House says:

What a gorgeous wreath! I love the contrast of light and dark — it's just perfect! :)

19. Megan {Honey We're Home} says:

OMG! So so pretty! I'm bookmarking this page so I can try to replicate it!

20. this blessed nest says:

i have that very same NEST sign. it's the sweetest sign, isn't it???

your wreath turned out fantastic. love the combo of the white buds against the leaves. awesome idea.

thanks for linking up to the FALL FESTIVAL!!!

have a great weekend.

kellie

21. Just this... Alice says:

You have reafirmed my belief that plain and simple can still be oh so elegant. I look forward to seeing your Christmas wreath when you change out the leaves. Love your work!

22. That is too cute!

23. Centsational Girl says:

Absolutely lovely ! I really like the added touch with the ribbon. So festive, so fall! Come on over and link up to my 'autumn leaves' party. . . and thanks for the linky love!
    xo
    Kate

24. I just wanted to stop by and let you know that I linked to this post today from the Home & Garden channel at Craft Gossip. :)

Your feature will appear in the main Craft Gossip RSS feed, on the main home page and can be found directly here

If you would like a "featured by" button, you can grab one here!

25. What a smart idea to buy wreaths with the intent of repurposing them for the seasons. This wreath is a homerun. I love all kinds of berries, as well as, magnolia leaves.

26. Very clever! I love the idea of repurposing the wreath!
    I'm visiting from the Fall Festival.
    Cheers!
    Theresa

27. The Mustard Seed says:

Beautiful wreaths… I love this idea.. Found you on This Blessed Nest's Fall Festival! I'm going to follow !!

Angel

28. Amazing, amazing, amazing! I love that all your decor looks so natural without being too rustic. I enjoy all the fall "stuff" you've posted recently. Keep 'em coming!

29. Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality says:

Brittany your 2 wreaths together are just beautiful! I love what you came up with. Thanks for stopping by. Gorgeous door!

30. Anonymous says:

Good Morning,

I came over via Rhoda….nice job love your wreath….

Nice to meet you, I will be back :)

We have a private family blog, I will be adding you to my blogroll.

All the best,
    Kathy :)
    jokaj@comcast.net

31. Ohh very pretty! Love it!

1. [...] For fall, I simply inserted magnolia leaves into the wreath: [...]

2. [...] my white base wreath I bought at Target several months ago. With it I’ve been able to make a Magnolia Leaf Wreath for the [...]

3. [...] Magnolia Leaf Wreath by Pretty Handy Girl [...]

4. [...] Courtesy of Pretty Handy Girl [...]

5. [...] Leaves Wreath from Pretty Handy Girl Check out these amazing Fall Wreaths from Midwest [...]